Sunday, April 22, 2012

earth day


   Happy Earth Day!
   When you were little did you pick dandelions and make wishes on them? My yard is full of them, and even though they are the gardener's nightmare I can't help but love them.

   It has been an early spring here, I'm already sporting a sunburn. More sun means more eggs, and in case you have not noticed, I am a little in love with eggs. I can't stop dreaming of the day that I will have a small flock of my own. And I have to admit I have a small love affair going with my egg crate.

 
look almost green and blue eggs!!
  Spring means strawberries, mine are still small and green, but the ruhbarb is huge! My favorite way to eat ruhbarb is strawberry ruhbabrb jam. it is supper easy to make and I eat it on everything. 

You will need:
10-12 small stocks of ruhbarb, chopped into little pieces 
1 bag of frozen strawberries
1/2 to 1 cup sugar
lemon, optional
  
Put the fruit and sugar into a heavy bottom sauce pan, cook stirring occasionally for 45min or until the fruit is very soft. Squeeze lemon into fruit, stir and cook a few minutes longer. ladle into jars, cool and eat. Keeps a few weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!


1 comment: