Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Garden Update

Have you ever heard of square foot gardening? Well the family that hired me to build them a garden wanted to try it out. Supposedly it is a method that has a high yield from a small space. This is what it looks like:

Here is the herb/lettuce/pea bed:



This is the rad pea trellis I built out of bamboo and hemp:


I’m experimenting with this method in the raised bed that I squeezed between the driveway and the neighbors fence. My peas are doing well, and my lettuce and spinach are sending up shoots.


To go along with my rediscovered love of gardening and fresh food I have been slowly adding books to my collection. Here are my newest additions: In the Green Kitchen by Alice Waters, A Slice of Organic Life by Sheherazade Goldsmith, Grow Great Grub by Gayla Trail, The Family Kitchen Garden by Karen Liebreich, Jutta Wagner, and Annette Wendland, and Edible Schoolyard by Alice Waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment