Saturday, May 15, 2010

sunshine on a cloudy day

It has been cold here for May. It snowed for two days last week cold. Today is the official last frost day but I think that I will wait to put out my little starts until June.

All the same I have been spending as much time outside as the rain/sleet/snow will allow. As the sun peeked out if the clouds for the first time in a few days I pulled all of my plants out to get some fresh air. They are getting so much bigger and actually starting to look like plants!

I have a new addition, a Meyer Lemon tree!

The basil is looking better and better, I've started dreaming of ways to use it:

Purple green beans (in toilet paper roles):


Cucs sunning themselves in the window:



Tomatoes!


Bug, my helper, who really should be a dog, spent the time investigating and chasing bugs.


After a morning of work I made a simple lunch of chard, toast and a poached egg.

To date, this was the best free day spent in the garden this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment