Tuesday, January 1, 2013

its already here...

it must be January!
...The new year that is. Happy 2013!
How have you been?
There were so many changes this year I feel that I am still catching up, taking note, and trying to figure out how to get Internet out at the small farm.

And then there is the farm, not really a farm just a small blue house that is starting to feel like home and a yard filled with tumble weeds, not to mention the horse shed that is falling down. It has dreams tucked into every corner, along with sawdust and a list of things to fix so long I can't see the end.

Oh, and there is also the kitten.
sleepy Gus

Need I say more?

This year we made homemade gifts for the family. My mum is one of the most amazing people in the world, she made Bitters for her daughters. Last night we dressed up, put on red lipstick and made grown up mixed drinks complete with local whisky and gin (I wish I had made some of this to go with it). It was the best night of laughter I have had in a long time. Maybe this is the dawn of a new age of old fashion nights...
orange bitters and 1920's decanter

Happy New Years my sweets, may it be filled with laughter, love and good food.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see you're writing again. And you're one of my inspirations.

    ReplyDelete